*This post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you make a purchase, I might make a small commission at no extra charge to you. Your support is appreciated!
The white top is a summer staple that can pretty much be worn with anything and everything. This is an effortless item that will elevate your style with a simple tuck or by just existing. So what happens to it when fall arrives? Whether you’re in the mood for dressing up or dressing down, these seven white tops are essential for the summer months and will carry you into the fall. All tops, tanks and blouses are denim-friendly so throw on your favorite pair (short or long) and start shopping!
The Puff Sleeve Top-This is an easy-to-wear body with an emphasis on the sleeve. The puff sleeve can be slight or totally exaggerated. Some styles play with fabric mixing, ie a t-shirt body with woven sleeves.
2. The Short-Sleeve Button Down-This slightly cropped style is great to throw on with jeans or denim shorts. The airy feel of this look makes this casual, yet put together. Options for styling include a simple bracelet, some hoop earrings and a straw bag.
3. The Ruffle Top-Ruffles are great for summer months. It gives your outfit interest without adding more heat. This top from J.Crew is the perfect example. The ruffle detail is feminine and pretty, while the fabric is a light knit linen. Use code SALETIME at J.Crew for an additional 72% off sale items and 25% off regular priced items.
4. The Eyelet Top-Eyelet tops are fun, flirty and come in a variety of cuts. The texture and pattern of each top can be different so you can never have too many! This one from Asos is on sale AND an additional 25% off with code ASOSSALEKEEPS. (Note: Final sale if you use the code).
5. The Sleeveless Blouse-Who needs sleeves when it’s hot out? The sleeveless blouse is a dressier look. Fabrics are woven and the details are aplenty. Ruffles, pleats, buttons, eyelets, the possibilities are endless. This style is as easy a transition from day to night as it is from summer to fall. Switch out your denim shorts and flip flops for a pair of nighttime shorts or trousers and a strappy sandal and you are ready to go. For fall, pair with your favorite jeans and throw on a blazer like this one.
6. The Long-Sleeve Top-Long sleeves does not always have to be button-down, although, a crisp white button-down is a good white top to have. Long sleeve tops can be more interesting. Fabrics can be different, shapes can be different. This top has princess sleeves and J.Crew has an eyelet button down (on sale!) that can be dressed up with a pencil skirt for the office or with denim shorts for a day at the beach. Use code SALETIME for an additional 72% off, which makes the top under $20! I love a long sleeve white top on a cool summer night.
7. The T-shirt-Last, but not least, the absolute essential in everyone’s wardrobe, the t-shirt (or tank top) A must-have item that can be found in everyone’s wardrobe (except mine…more on that on a different day). Having a white t-shirt is easy. Finding the right one is hard. A summer t-shirt should fit well. It should be loose, but not too loose. And it should be super soft. I love the ones from J.Crew, Madewell and Express (in black). Once you find one that fits, buy more than one. You’ll want to be able to grab it whenever you need.
More tops below. Happy Shopping!
Leave a Reply